Friday, October 24, 2008

Life Changes in an Instant

My life changed today. I put my signature on a piece of paper, and in doing so accepted an offer to be an instructional designer for the Materials Management Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It has been what I have been hoping and praying for, and I'm trying to comprehend the reality of it.

Really...who knew?? Two years ago, I would have never guessed that I would be working for the Church, or that I would soon be hunting for a place to live in the Salt Lake area, or that I would be an instructional designer (I would have asked, "What's that?"). But here I am...and with my signature on that paper I have started a whole new life for myself. It's exciting and a bit scary, but I suppose change always is.

I sat outside during lunch today (it's actually warm enough in Salt Lake for that to be a possibility) and thought a bit about my life. I think I am extremely blessed beyond what I deserve. I have a wonderful family, the bestest (yes...I did say "bestest") friends ever, and great opportunities knocking on my door.

I'll have to find some way to celebrate tonight. Perhaps I'll go to a pumpkin walk.... :)

3 comments:

Jenette said...

Kendra!! Congratulations!!!! That is so great to hear. Very exciting! You are going to be fantastic...

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

Congratulations!! You deserve it! You are one of the people that make that difference in so many people's lives! Thank you for being a good friend to me!

Robert said...

I am so proud of you. You have worked so hard for this. You deserve every blessing the Lord can give.