Wednesday, September 3, 2008

More Summer Fun: Take 4



Sweet fun at Chucky Cheese! There are very few things in life that are sweeter than watching young children play. They have such a way of enjoying every moment.

So here is my dear place of work over the summer. I was on the 14th floor. Unfortunately I did not sit next to a window...but I did have many opportunities to look out at the beautiful summer weather.

It was on the 14th floor, that I peered down on the Presidential Motorcade. That was cool. :)

One of my favorite things to do was to sit outside during lunch and watch all the brides. It is AMAZING to me some people's sense of style. One day there was a bride in a yellow wedding dress (yes, that's yellow, not off-white, beige, or ecru) with a stiff collar that reached to the top of her ears. It reminded me of something Malificent would wear. It totally made me do a double take.

The worst one I saw, though, was a big, poofy sky blue wedding dress (yes she was the bride, not the bridesmaid). Her bouquet had daisies that were the same color blue, only darker...AND they had plastic fireworks looking things shooting out of them. All I could think of was...do Mormon girls know what it means not to wear white to their wedding???



In July, we all piled in the car and headed to Nebraska to visit my grandparents. Round trip, we were in the car 30 hours. I had never been on a long road trip with young children, and so I was nervous. However, besides a short throwing-up spell from Emily shortly after the trip began...it was actually fun. :) These pictures were taken as we were heading out. Aren't they the cutest?!

Okay..the next installment will be of pictures in Nebraska. :)

2 comments:

Anne of Green Barlows said...

You do have cute nieces and nephew! It is good to have you back on the blog world so we can see all of your fun pics:)

Tyler and Hillary said...

Hey kendra! It is good to see pictures of you guys. I just started a blog for Tyler and I so you will have to check it out so we can keep in touch!