Saturday, December 22, 2007

Oh, Wait....My Phone is Ringing!

Wow! I can really tell that my first semester as a grad student has really burned me out on writing. It's been over a month since my last blog. Ouch!

I have been spending the last 30 minutes looking for another ring-tone for my phone. I love ring-tones because I think they say a lot about the person whose phone it comes from. I have found that most people choose ring-tones from music that they often listen to: country, pop, soundtracks, etc. It can be very revealing!

Some people go for the sound effects, which I have found are usually annoying. I had a roommate once who had a long train whistle for her text message alert. Her phone would often go off late at night or really early in the morning...and it would seriously wake me up with a start.

Personally I look for ring-tones that fit my character, make me remember good times, and that start quiet. I have "Defying Gravity" as the ring for a few of my friends, but it scares me to death most times it goes off. I currently have an angelic sounding tone which many of my friends get a kick out of. I like it because it's pretty, and it doesn't scare me. I'm having trouble finding its equal. I found "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" which fits, but I think it will startle me. Another option is "The Jellicle Ball" because it starts quietly and is catchy, but Cats is not one of my most favorite musicals. I'm torn....

So, do any of you have suggestions for good ring-tones for me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to suggest country music. Most people don't like that kind of music though. Another good suggestion is anything by AC/DC. They are great! I hope these suggestions work for you, if not good luck in your search.

AG said...

I have Josh Groban and it makes me happy.

Thaddeus said...

I always leave my phone on silent because I can never remember to turn it off in class. It helps that I keep it in my pocket, so I know when it vibrates.

If I had it on in class, I'd make it a sneezing sound or a yawn, so the teacher wouldn't realize it's a phone.