Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Scotsman Dogs

So, I have finally had my first taste of a Scotsman Dog. I have to admit that I was pretty skeptical...the cheeseburger shaped like a hotdog just didn't sound all that appealing, but surprise, surprise, I would have eaten two if I had the opportunity.

I did get into a rather interesting conversation as I consumed the USU original treat. I had just been introduced to a student who was raised as a youth in Quebec and most recently came from San Antonio, Texas. He stated that for some reason America does have a lot of strange, processed food that would most likely not be eaten anywhere else on the planet. An example he gave was butter or cheese filled hot dogs. (I admit that I had never heard of butter filled hot dogs - must be a Texas thing. :b Yuck!) For some reason we want handy-dandy, on-the-go meals that have a bit of kick. Who has time anymore to put a piece of cheese on a hotdog, or butter for that matter! Get it to me pre-prepared! I bet they were all made for us...the college students.

Anyway, my new friend would not try the Scotsman Dog - but he stopped at the Quik Stop to have a hotdog. (I wonder what it had in it...?)

3 comments:

Thaddeus said...

He's crazy. Pay for a common, crumby hotdog (blech), or get a delicious Scotsman dog gratis? You made the right choice, my friend.

Jinx said...

I was so hungry yesterday. I wish I'd gotten one of these "Scotsman dogs". Even though the idea is kinda gross sounding to me as well, I was really hungry!

AG said...

All I know is that I am probably allergic to them too.