Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Harry Potter Phenomenon

I think it may be the "Star Wars" of this generation...only better because they are books and not movies. The Harry Potter Phenomenon is incredible to me. Everywhere I have been in the last four days people are reading Harry Potter 7 - their noses glued to the book. If people are not reading they are discussing..."Do you know what my theory is on how it will end?" "Harry Potter will die!" "Harry Potter will live, but 'so-n-so' will die!" "If Harry dies I will burn all seven books!" (That last one is my adament stance!)

I have actually just finished book 7. It amazes me that in three short days (full of work and other activities along with reading) I have devoured a 759 page book. I have read a lot of books in my life but none have I read faster than the seven books of Potter. My hat's off to JK Rowling who could create a world so real and relevant as to touch such a widespread audience and to capture the imagination of the old and young to boot!

WOW! ...and all you family and friends out there reading...hurry up! I want to discuss!! ;)

5 comments:

Willie said...

Way to give it all away. Now I know that Harry Potter didn't die or you would've burned your books by now. I guess there's no point in actually even reading it anymore.

Kendra said...

Actually, I didn't say that there won't be a book burning, or that there hasn't been...I said I wanted to "discuss". You know me...I would never say whether I would burn the books or not. There's been a fire in Black Fork canyon...who's to say how it got started?

I suggest reading book 7...then you'll know the fate of my books.

Jeromy said...

Passed Book 4 as the favorite.

Thaddeus said...

I already read the last page. This book was a shocker for sure!

AG said...

Oh Thad, that isn't fair. I hope you read the rest of it. I agree with Jeromy, it is probably my favorite now. I loved three and four but now I think this is my favorite. And by the way midspeck. . . there was a fire in Provo Canyon too. No one knows how it started. I believe that even if a character dies that the book can still be good. So now that I have completely thrown you off the scent... go read it !