It has been said that one does not learn from experience, but by reflecting on experience. Sometimes I wonder if I need to spend more time in reflection mode....
I have decided that Kendra on bikes while on a date is not a good thing. You see, I was one of those sheltered children who did not have a bike most of her childhood. My bike burned when I was in 4th grade (a middle-schooler's attempt to see the fire department in action) and I borrowed a friend's bike in the fifth grade a few times...and then my riding days were over. Indiana gravel roads are not conducive to bike riding (the county I lived in was dubbed, "Pot-hole Capital of the Nation" for a reason). Then came date-time...just a few years later ;). Last year I went on a bike date to Bridal Veil Falls. Within the first minute I was bruised, bleeding and blushing...not a good start. Luckily I pulled myself together and finished without adding any more bodily injury.
With that kind of experience, you would think one would learn her lesson...NOPE! A year later, another date, different guy, different bike, different trail...but dang-it! the same out-come. Although I have to take a little credit that I was doing fine until we entered a mountain trail. Then it was about two minutes in before I was bruised, bleeding and blushing. Geesh...either I must practice until perfect (preferably not on a date), or I need to take a hint....
8 comments:
Wow. Whodathought this? My sister has a blog before I do! But...um...elfie rules? So...was Elfie the first date or the second?
Didn't that bike that burned still have it's training wheels? Hm....
My red BMX bike burned in that fire. It was a sad, sad day.
So...got any more stories of "Joy and Happiness?"
Don't you just love big brothers???
;)
Enough ribbing for one night...
Nice blog. Makes me proud (even though I had nothing to do with it).
Got a screaming little girl to tend....
I don't see what the big deal is. You haven't ridden since you were in 5th grade? Riding a bicycle is just like ridin...oh. Um. Never mind.
Just for the record...Jeromy...my bike did NOT have training wheels, thank you very much!!!
Good thing I love you!
Oh Kendra...That's too bad. Although I can totally relate! By the time you hit the top of a mountain, you are all red and trying so hard to catch your breath! You don't want to wear long pants, because it is so HOT, but you don't want to wear shorts because your legs get all scraped up! We are all at an impasse...oh, the sadness!
Your caring mother and father say, "Invest in some knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet before trying again." AND take along a first aid kit, just in case. :-)
NO BROKEN BONES!
Mom
Okay...I'm not the only one who crashes on my bike - check this out! (I guess even the die-hards have their blood and blushing. At least mine wasn't caught on camera for all the internet world to peruse!) ;)
http://www.spokejunkies.com/images/video/vultures.wmv
that's "wmv" at the end of the address.
Post a Comment