So at 4:00 pm today, I was sitting in my car in stop and go traffic in the Salt Lake area listening to the end of Harry Potter 5. I had been moving some of my things to Lehi and was heading back to Logan. Looking around I realized that in one very short week, this would be my new life....Life in the "fast" lane. It's been a long time since I've lived in a big enough city to have stop and go traffic between my point A and point B.
It's exciting to think of the new experiences I will have, and yet I'm sad to leave the old ones behind. Now it is true that this may only last the summer, but after I finish the fall semester, I will most likely move back to the big city. On Monday, a friend of mine told me that it was as if an "era" was ending. Besides making me feel a bit old, it made me realize that I am truly beginning a new page of my life. It is scary to look at that blank page and not know what will be written, but as I look at the previous pages in my life story I realize that 1) the Lord always takes care of me, and 2) I have family and many friends who I will never leave behind...they keep appearing on every page. With that in mind, I smile and say, "Bring it on!"
3 comments:
I am sad you are gone, but also very excited for your new beginning!! Very good. And LOST is not the same without you!
Well?! Have you met any apostles yet?
I am happy you are gone, but also very unexcited for your new beginning!! Very bad. And LOST is just the same without you!
(Actually, I miss you a lot when we get together to do stuff, but Jenette and I are feuding because she thinks I've ruined her life by foiling her master plan when we played Kill Dr. Lucky a few weeks ago, so I'm obligated to disagree with everything she says.)
I think you should go the distribution center and get those 8.5x11 pictures of the apostles and first presidency (1 for each), and carry them everywhere with you at work (along with a sharpie) so if you see one you can run up like a screaming fan and have them sign it!! That would be neat.
Post a Comment