Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ummm...They call this Fall

Last night I was watching the news and the weatherman wondered aloud when summer would ever end. Summer?! I think Utahns are so used to summer being ended by an immediate winter that they don't know what a true Fall is. Well, just so you know, the weather pattern of this last month is what they call Fall in the other parts of the United States. If it is freezing at night and then warms up between 50 and 65 during the day, that's Fall! Summer is when it is warm at night and hot during the day.

I LOVE FALL! True it is not my favorite - summer has that secured - but the crisp mornings and warm afternoons is something I have missed in the six other years I have lived in Utah. I'm sure this weather won't last for very much longer, but I'll be a happy camper until it does.

4 comments:

AG said...

Yes Fall is lovely, but I want snow. Bwah hah hah--tag you are it. See my blog or Thad's for the rules.

Thaddeus said...

When I was younger I was allowed to spend some fall days out of doors. I don't think I've so much as sat in a pile of leaves since I was a mid-teen.

Kendra said...

What?! Thad...I know how to remedy that situation. Lundstrum Park is full of leaves at the moment.

Jenette said...

Agreed. If you are scraping frost off your windows (like right now!), then summer is over. Sadly. But on the upside you get to wear sweaters!